Shio Koji Meatballs
3-4 servings | 30 min
300g pork mince meat
1 small onion, finely diced
1 tbsp of potato starch
1 tsp of shio koji
2-3 tbsp of sake/white wine
(A) 1+1/2 tbsp of soy sauce
(A) 1 tbsp of sugar
(A) 3 tbsp of ketchup
(A) 1 tsp of rice vinegar
Mix minced meat and Shio-koji well and leave it for about 12 hours in the fridge.
- Chop onions finely.
- Mix minced meat, onion and potato starch well in a bowl. Put some oil on your hands and make 12-14 small meatballs.
- Heat up a small amount of cooking oil in a pan and gently place the meatballs.
- When you hear some crackling sound from inside the pan, add sake/white wine to it and put a lid on top of the pan.
- Steam the meatballs for 5-6 min in a pan on low heat.
- Add (A) into a pan when the meatballs are lightly browned. Heat it for a while until the sauce is thickened.